Thursday 7 February 2013

Wildeman Holiday Challenge ***Valentine`s Day Jeans***

Hello Crafty Crafters!

Welcome to the first edition of the Wildeman Refashion Challenge 2013

This is part two of my baby Valentines tutorial, check out Part 1 if you haven`t already. Let`s get this party started!

The Jack of Hearts




Now, the sad truth about part two is that my camera picked the most inoppurtune moment to kill it`s charger. I had to save the battery life to take pictures of the whole outfit but the problem is solved now so I have tons of detail pictures of the pants themselves.

I got the denim from an old pair of jeans that were painfully outdated, but very stretchy. It turns out I hate working with stretch denim. You learn something new every day!

I based the shape of the pants off another pair that fit him well. Find out how to do that over here.

First thing I did was sew up the outside seams and cut out the back pockets and heart patch.



Then I cut out cuffs from the sleeper that inspired the refashion. If you don`t know what I`m talking about there is a very helpful link up there ^ that should fill you in.

 
 
And then my camera started beeping at me...
 

Using my jeans as a base I drew the all important stitch work that is the hallmark of jeans. I sewed the stitchwork in with a yellowy-tan thread, including a faux pockets up front. I thought about real pockets up there but honestly, he's 3 months old, he doesn't keep a lot of stuff in his pockets. The back pockets proved tricky with the stretchy denim. I should have used web but I'll know for next time.
 
Then I attatcched the heart patch and the striped cuffs. The closure is velcro and I left the inseam open and used the snaps from the sleeper for easy diaper changes.
 







 
Obviously I'm still learning but hopefully I get better with ever project!
 
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. That's super cute! Nice job! The last picture is precious. He looks really happy with his new outfit. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!