Monday 8 April 2013

I Got a Job!

I was so excited to be keeping up with contest sew-alongs but a few days ago something even more exciting has come along: I got a job! A sewing comission! I have been asked to create 5 childrens fantasy capes, each one to fit the imagination of the recipient. Best of all I have been given free artistic reign, but I only have 2 months to finish them. So, the sew-alongs are getting piled into the back seat for now.

Over the course of the year and a half since I started this blog my creativity has been flowing freely, bright but shapeless. And though I love making interesting clothing for Wildeman and myself I think that right now it's creating costumes that I am most passionate about. So, I am taking a costume design approach to these childrens capes. I'll be posting updates on the projects as I go.

And, for those of you who are all about refashions I'll still be refashioning for myself and Wildeman so stay tuned!

Craft it up!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what your future projects will be like!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!